Sarasota County Fire Department & Southern Manatee Fire Rescue District Respond to an Anhydrous Ammonia Leak

Early this morning at 0558 hours, Southern Manatee Fire Rescue District Hazardous Materials Team was requested mutual aid for a hazard materials incident located at 6100 McIntosh Road in Sarasota County. Sarasota County Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team was on scene of a reported leak of Anhydrous Ammonia at this address. Both Teams worked together in entry activities to investigate leak sources, controlling the leak, monitor the atmosphere and used Southern Manatee’s Fire Rescue District Aerial UAS/ Drone platforms to monitor conditions and relay information back to hazmat operation leaders. The situation was quickly brought under control and the facility was turned back over to the business at 8:30 AM.

Skip to content